photo facebook_zps4c49792e.png  photo Twitter_zps8351069f.png> photo Blog-Lovin-1_zps6585b3dd.png  photo pinterest_zpsedab7fa7.png  photo Wanelo_zpsae9fecf8.png

Monday, January 14, 2013

Self Motivation with a Wanelo Twist

I discovered Wanelo this week (www.Wanelo.com) in case you're not familiar it's similar to Pinterest (As in you can search, add things to boards, etc.) However, the major difference is that you can buy things right there.  Or with two clicks.  The other difference is that there aren't DIY projects, recipes, etc. 

I set out to try and figure it out to see if it's something Mingo needs to be a part of (It is... follow me at:  http://wanelo.com/mingoink)  At first I really worked at finding out how to post stuff (slightly more confusing than Pinterest, at least to me.)  Once I got that figured out, I started playing around and I discovered:  EXTRA MOTIVATION. 

I love "Playing Dress-Up" and putting things together.  However, there are only certain styles that I can pull off now with my current shape (mostly dresses with a thick empire waist that flair out... with leggings and boots, it's kinda my wardrobe.  This year I did filter in grey leggings instead of just black and riding boots!)  Part of my goals are to reinvent myself and my wardrobe as I get closer to my goal, so a lot of my posts on Wanelo revolve around that... 

Like, could I pull off this dress with a leather jacket, vintage jewelry and heeled boots? Loving the edgy sweet look, but is it me?   



Black and Taupe Stripe Lace Dress
Click photo for Wanelo original source: Ustendy.com

My wedding was absolutely amazing.  The only thing that wasn't:  me.  I used to eat when I was stressed.  Most people lose weight before their wedding... I didn't.  So while my dress was beautiful the key "IT" factor I was looking for was flattering, nothing out of the box.  Which also meant that I was in the world of A Line, while a great style it wasn't the me I wanted for that day.  Part of my goal for this year, get to the point where I could wear the dress/style I love.  Once I get there:  a vow renewal, somewhere tropical, in something like this.




Click Picture for Wanelo link.  Original Source:  Kleinfeldbridal.com

AND this


Nasty Gal  - New & Vintage Clothing
Click Picture for Wanelo link.  Original Source:  Nastygal.com
 

I have never worn a swimsuit that doesn't cover absolutely everything, not to mention a cover up over that, usually a dress that dries well.  Nothing that compares to the amazing fashion sense I actually have.  Which as a side affect means I usually avoid situations that require such attire (okay I just really wanted to complete the rhyme.)

 
With Mingo my goal was to take simply designed shirts that have a purpose and to show them in a variety of ways (such as the Karma v-neck tee with a mini skirt and cowboy boots OR with yoga pants OR under a blazer with jeans or a skirt.) Like this whole outfit below with my V Neck Black and White Inner Beauty tee.   However, right now pencil skirts do not work... but wait, soon you will see them on me so much it'll make your head spin!

With Inner Beauty


 
So moral of the story, I feel so good about the 12lbs gone the last 2 weeks and I can't wait to reach my milestones.  Instead of getting frustrated I'm using all of the outfits spinning around in my head to keep me on track.  How do/would you wear your Mingo?  What you keeps you on track to your 2013 goals?
 
Cheers!
 
Tiffiney

4 comments:

Jill said...

Congrats on your weightloss! You should be proud of yourself.

I love your product :)

Mingo Ink said...

Thanks so much Jill! It's weird, but my entire life it's been hard to find the motivation to stick with my goals, I always got discouraged. With Mingo I love my product and I want to pull off all the ideas I have to style it, not just showing it on others so it's been the push I need!

Thanks for following Mingo and checking out the new blog, I appreciate the support!

Anonymous said...

BWWAAAHHH!! Love the outfits and the dress and I'm totally rooting for you! You are doing awesome and you have started a great line of products and I am quite sure you will only accomplish greater things as time goes by. I use your Possibilities shirt as my own personal motivator, just so you know... when I was going through some job and family related insanity this summer, I wore that shirt in defiance of getting stressed and depressed over the situation, and sure enough it came out just fine and even better than before! ;) So... keep with it!! I think your product and your blog here will help you stay motivated... I have noticed that for myself, I need other people around me with the same goals to stay on track. BE VOCAL. Tell people what you plan to do and then you have some accountability, you have people to help you stick to it even when you don't want to! Keep it up!!! Hope to see you face to face soon! ;) -- Love, Jen

Mingo Ink said...

Ahh thank you so much Jen! I can't tell you how much your support means! I am hooked and can't wait to read your completed Novel... it's going to be epic!

Join our Giveaway